Update CIP data
Cataloging-in-Publication (CIP) data originates from the Library of Congress. TitleLeaf has various product fields to hold the entirety or segments of that data.
- CIP - The entire Cataloging in Publication text Ref
- LCCN - Library of Congress Control Number Ref
- LC Class - Library of Congress Classification Ref
- Dewey - Dewey Decimal Classification Ref
- Annotation - A short description the book
To update those fields, the publisher can:
- Enter the data through the web admin (this is probably the simplest solution if you only have a couple products to update)
Pull data from Loc.gov: Go to the product page, click the "Update from LOC" link in the right sidebar. This process updates the following fields: LCCN, LC Class, Dewey, and Annotation. To verify the data beforehand, click the "Library of Congress" link directly above the aforementioned link.
- Use a subset of the products-default-template or cip-default-template template. As with any template, you can delete any non-required columns that aren't relevant to your data set.